San Miguel de Allende Vacation Info
All vacation info for San Miguel de Allende!
San Miguel de Allende
If you are thinking about going on a vacation to Mexico, there are a huge number of destinations to choose from. One of the best destinations of Mexico is San Miguel de Allende, which is a city and municipality situated in the far eastern side of the Guanajuato state, in the central Mexico. San Miguel de Allende is a part of the macroregion of Bajío and it is located 274 kilometers from Mexico City and 97 kilometers from the Guanajuato’s state capital.
Upon arrival in San Miguel de Allende, you will need a place to stay. You will find a variety of accommodations, from the cheapest to the most luxurious ones. You can easily book a room that will cater to your needs, preferences and budget alike. You can also find a variety of restaurants in this city. If you are not ready to sample the local Mexican food, you can opt for a variety of other cuisines such as French, Italian, Spanish and Argentine.
The nightlife of San Miguel de Allende offers diversity. You can find a variety of restaurants, bars and clubs regardless of age and preferences. For a special experience, you can opt for a night time walk on the streets of this amazing city.
However, most important are the attractions that this destination offers its tourists. San Miguel de Allende is a rich city regarding activities and attractions. Some of the most popular attractions for tourists in this city are:
- Archaeological Sites: Zona Arqueológica la Quemada
- Arts/Performance Venues: Teatro Juárez
- Castles and Palaces: Palacio de la Mala Noche
- Educational Institutions: Bellas Artes, Instituto Allende, Universidad de Guanajuato
- Museums/Galleries: Casa de Ignacio Allende, Casa Museo de Morelos, Museo Casa Miguel Hidalgo, Museo de Arte Contemporáneo, Museo de las Momias, Museo del Estado, Museo Iconográfico del Quijote
- Fountains: Fuente de Neptuno
- Gardens/Arboretums: El Charco del Ingenio
- Zoos/Aquariums: Parque Zoológico Benito Juárez
- Markets/Bazaars: Mercado de Dulces, Mercado Hidalgo
- Religious Sites: Catedral de Zacatecas, Iglesia de San Francisco, Iglesia de la Concepción, la Basilica de Nuestra Señora de la Salud, Templo de la Compañia, Templo de Santo Domingo, Templo de Santa Rosa de Viterbo
- Squares: Plaza Bocanegra, Jardín de la Unión, Plaza de Armas, Plaza de la Independencia
- Nature Reserves: Santuario de Mariposas el Rosario
- Government Buildings: Palacio del Gioberno del Estado, Casa de Ecala
These are only a few of the attractions that you will find in San Miguel de Allende. You will see that this is a wonderful city, with lots of places ready to be explored by any visitor. The variety of attractions, accommodations, restaurants and entertainment venues in San Miguel de Allende is huge, so you can find something to suit your preferences every day of the week.